10 April, 2010

Pistachio Fudge

I found the best fudge recipe in the world here. It comes from the legend cook: Nigella Lawson. She makes amazing desserts, and I thought that I had to try one of them.
I had already tried her "Berry Cheesecake" which was a great success (dont worry, i will post the cheesecake soon!), so I was browsing through her recipes and came across a very tasty looking treat.
Pistachio fudge. Wow.
So, I tried it and it was uh-mazing. Grainy, fudgy, choclatey and soft. It's so simple to make I dont even need to provide step by step pictures! its just a simple matter of turning on your stove and bashing up some pistachio nuts.
Pretty fattening, and not healthy, but whatever.. its still amazing.

I will post step by step pictures when I get round to making it again (which is very soon!), but til' then I have to share the recipe!!


CHOCOLATE PISTACHIO INCREDIBLE FUDGE
- 350g dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids), chopped
- 1 x 397g of Sweetened condensed milk
- 30g butter
- Pinch of salt
- 150g pistachio nuts


METHOD
Put the chopped chcolate, condensed milk, butter and salt in a heavy based pan, on low heat and stir to melt.
Put the nuts into a freezer bag and bash up with a rolling pin, until broken up into both big and little pieces. (You want crumbs aswell as chunks to give it some bite).
Add pistachio's to the choclate mixture in the pan, and mix until combined.
Pour and spatch this mixture onto a foil lined 23cm square tin, smoothing the top.
Let the fudge cool, and then refrigerate until set. You can then cut it into small peices (3 x 2.25 cm)to give 64 peices.
Once cut, it can be kept into the freezer, no need to thaw, just eat straight away!!
(It tastes much better when you leave it in the freezer for longer and then indulge in it, it goes more grainy and fudgy that way)

Enjoy, and then you can thank me later..
with some of these

No comments: