13 November, 2010

Chocolate Mud Cupcakes

How many ways are there to describe this chocolate mud cupcake?
I think 4? 
1. Moist
2. Chocolatey
3. Fluffy
4. Did I say Chocolatey?
Yes, I had another baking session on this fine Sunday afternoon, and I fattened up my household.
On another random note..I believe I haven't introduced my little budgie to you have I? How rude of me.
Everyone this is Georgie.
Georgie, this is Everyone.
He's gorgeous isn't he? 
He's a mad chirper and sings like all day everyday. No joke. literally, it gets annoying after a while.


Chocolate mud cupcakes
100g dark chocolate
1 cup water
125g butter, softened
255g brown sugar
3 eggs
225 SR flour
1/2 cup plain flour
1/4 cup of cocoa powder


Method
Preheat oven to 160 degrees celcius. 
Combine the chocolate and water in a saucepan and stir over low heat until melted. Remove from heat and let cool.
In a separate bowl, cream sugar, butter and eggs until light and fluffy. Add the flours, cocoa powder and the warm chocolate mixture. Stir until all combined.
Spoon evenly into patty pan cases and bake for 20 mins or until skewer comes out clean.
Ice if desired. Or just gobble it all up..

3 comments:

Chef Dennis Littley said...

Those are incredible cupcakes!! so chocolaty!!
Welcome to foodbuzz!
Dennis

Nishi said...

Hi There,
This is my first time here and I must say that you have a great blog. I just loved the cup cake. I would love try bake this sometime :)

Coco Pistachio said...

Thanks Dennis :)

And Nishi... you have to try them.
HAVE TO!!