03 November, 2010

Nice and Iced Chocolate Cupcakes





Hello, I bet you've been missing me..
No? Okay.. what about cake?


Yes. I though that would be the answer.
Here we go: I've started at a new school and all, and there is this Arts day, where anyone can bring got do to with dancing, cooking, photography, painting, drawing, singing.. and the list could go on forever and ever.
But you know me..
First thing I jumped at was cakes. Yessss I had this in the bag, and I was pretty certain I was going to take out first place .... along with second and third of course.




So, everyone has their cake in their hand with the theme of 'chocolate by death' and we're all huddling together, though very cautiously so we dont absoloutley squash our cakes.
This girl was standing next to me, and her cake was incredible.


Understatement.
It was out of this world.


I was so tempted to give her knock so she 'accidently' smooshed her icing all over herself, her uniform and the blue carpet.


But I thought better of it. As I looked around the room in horror, I realised I hadnt put any effort atall in to my cake. I had a really bad cold the night before you see.. so thats the only thing that stopped me producing some sort of chocolate wedding cake that would blow your mind and have you jumping out of your seats.


But no, dissappointment.


I will make a WOW one next year, promise?
Okay, as long as we're both even


p.s please praise my artistic photos, I tried the best I could with that dodgy camera of mine!



Nice and Iced Chocolate Cupakes
-125g butter (room temperature)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup of Caster Sugar
- 2 Cups SR Flour
- 3 heaped tablespoons of Cocoa powder

Method
Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. The butter should be as white as possible. Add the eggs and beat until light and fluffy again. Stir in the sifted flour and milk with a wooden spoon until thoroughly combined.
Place mixture into patty pans, 3/4 of the way full so they don't totally expand, blow up and mess up your oven with chocolatey goodness..
And bake for 10-15 mins, or until a skewer comes out clean and the top is springy.

No comments: