17 December, 2010

Ginger Walnut and Coconut Luncheon Biscuits

Made these last night at about 7'oclock because I was craaaving something sweet.
These aren't too sweet, too buttery, or too unhealthy. So, it's a pass for me, something I can eat. And I'm happy about that, who wouldn't be? A walnut crunch and a ginger hit. And if your lucky bits of shredded coconut stuck between your teeth as an extra bonus.

So healthy, so perfect and so versatile. Seriously. The recipe says to put in sultanas. Screw that.
I'm going to do it my way.

My way involves stepping in to the pantry. Looking at the first ingredient you lay your eyes on, Ginger powder. Second ingredient. I decided to wander my eyes up to the second shelf of the pantry, the nut shelf. Welcome walnuts. And I didn't see the coconut, but decided to throw it in anyway for a bit more flavour.



Ginger Walnut and Coconut Luncheon Biscuits
- 2 Tb softened butter
- 1/2 cup of Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg, well beaten
- 1 cup Sultanas (I used 1/2 cup walnuts and 1/2 cup of coconut, dessicated)
- vanilla essence, to taste
- 1 cup of Self Raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp of Ginger Powder

Method
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius. And grease a baking tray.

Cream the butter and sugar. Beat in the egg, then fold in the sultanas (walnuts and coconut), vanilla and sifted flour. Add the pinch of salt and the ginger powder, and place heaped teaspoobs of the mixture on to the prepared tray. Cook for 10-15 mins until golden brown.

No comments: