16 December, 2010

Royal White Icing

I was just in the kitchen for 2 hours. Oh my god.

Oh my god, I'm exauhsted.
Oh my god, I just decorated a Gingerbread house
And oh my god, my mum is going to kill me because there is sugar absoutly everywherrrrrre.

Bits of wafer sticks in my hair, maltesers rolling on the floor, sugar sticking to your feet, and royal icing all over the kitchen tops.
Cuuuuute, eh? Totally worth those 2 hours.
Yes, that is popcorn coming out of the chimney. We (me + the sister) were going to go alll out, but it turned out (not surprisingly) we were out of basically everything. We rummaged around in the pantry and managed to pull out some ice-cream wafered cones. Not something you would use in a gingerbread house.

Did I care? No.
Was I desperate? Yes.

I think you get the drift. Just about every sweet thing I saw I threw in... and there were only like 3 things sweet in the pantry..so it to do.


I didn't even tell you what this was for did I? IKEA.. only like my favrioute store, is having this huuge gingerbread house competition. All you have to do is buy the gingerhouse, construct it.. and design it! I didn't go all out like I said I would, but then again, my pantry didn't exactly help me out in any way did it?


Dont worry! I've still got a recipe for you!

Royal Icing
- 2 egg whites
- 3 cups of icing sugar

Method
- Whip egg whites until soft peak form, then gradually add in sugar, and keep beating until mixture becomes very thick and well combined. Spoon in to a piping bag and pipe pipe pipe away.

1 comment:

Nandita SS said...

The gingerbread house is sooo cute. for the first time I just feel like staring at it rather than eating it :)