12 December, 2010

Pumpkin Scones


Okay, looking at my last post, these I have tried. About 2 minutes ago. I was totally stuffing my face.

These scones are really hard to describe. I'm not even sure we should call it a scone, in reference to the picture above (by the way, how good is my photography!) it looks kinda like a Pumpkin Bun.

It all starts off with a questionable Pumpkin.

Getting the skin off the Butternut Pumpkin was just about the hardest thing I have done.. no joke. The skin was like trying to peel bark off a tree.
Pumpkin in the steamer, butter measured, flour measured and egg cracked.
Job finished. Jobe done. Result? Mmm, not that great but still a tummy filler if you like to heat huuge amounts but don't want to eat anything fattening because you don't want to gian weight. Like me.

Pretty sure I just popped the last one in my mouth like 30 seconds ago. Umm...


Pumpkin Scones
- 60g Butter
- 3/4 cup Pumpkin
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tb sugar
- 2 cups of SR Flour

Preheat oven to 220 degrees celcius. Chop up some pumpkin and place into a steamer. Mash when steamed so your left with a pumpkin puree. Sift flour and sugar into a large bowl, and combine well. Rub butter into your fingers in a motion that seperates it and combines with the dry mixture. Make a well in the middle of the mix and crack an egg, and place the warm steamed pumpkin into the well. Stir with a butter knife, and do not overmix. In the oven for 10-20 minuites or until brown.

No comments: